Note: You can usually open the interesting advertisement/sponsor links in a new window/tab by RIGHT CLICKING the Ad-Link
then selecting 'Open in New Window' or 'Open in New Tab' from the drop down box. (depending on ad type)

What Do You Think? Forum Index What Do You Think?
A discussion board of different ideas and topics.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TRoach.Net
r_frame.gif TRoach.Org

Back end registration code modifications.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    What Do You Think? Forum Index -> Site Updates / Notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Back end registration code modifications. Reply with quote

As I am sure some of you noticed we got hit with some spam bots that were creating many fake accounts that would failed the final verification check (keeping them from posting to the main areas of the board) Unfortunately, leaving the fake profiles with links to, shall we say, less desirable websites still viewable.

I have put in some background code that should help counter the problem. However I can also see a few instances where these measures might block real people (rather than bots) from being able to register.

For New Users: In the remote chance that you happen to get blocked by mistake, please email me the information you entered during the registration process and I will sign you up manually.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with the garbage while I modified the code and deleted the fake accounts.

I hope everyone continues using and enjoying this bbs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    What Do You Think? Forum Index -> Site Updates / Notices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: