Note: You can usually open the interesting advertisement/sponsor links in a new window/tab by RIGHT CLICKING the Ad-Link
then selecting 'Open in New Window' or 'Open in New Tab' from the drop down box. (depending on ad type)

What Do You Think? Forum Index What Do You Think?
A discussion board of different ideas and topics.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TRoach.Net
r_frame.gif TRoach.Org

Is the world really going to end?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    What Do You Think? Forum Index -> Christianity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GurlRusz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Is the world really going to end? Reply with quote

do u guys believe the world is going to end in 2012 ?
troach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the world going to end? Yes . . .one day. Both scientifically as well as biblically the end of the world at some point in the future is a certainty.

Will that day be in 2012? Probably not.

However since no one knows the day and time of the second coming except God The Father. Nor does anyone know the day and time we will each take our last breath on this earth. It is always a good idea to be prepared (body and soul).

Be prepared for disaster to strike/everything to end tomorrow. But at the same time we need to plan, prepare and build our lives as though we will be here another 1000 years (or more).
jerrys1960

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 2012 stuff.

While I do not think the world is coming to an end in 2012 I do find some of the ideas interesting. The following is a slightly different idea that I received in an email. While I do not agree with a lot of the statements and there are some holes in the logic, I think it is an interesting idea to consider.

Copied from email original author unknown.

= = = =

Will the world end in 2012?

I do not believe in the A.D. 2012 stuff as the ending point of the age, but I do believe that it may very well be the start of the last 7 year period of this age on earth. Please consider:

Staying away from all the Mayan stuff & the apocalyptic version of 2012, people who I would consider more responsible & scholarly have noticed a definite pattern of 7s, called annual Sabbaths. I will try to explain this briefly, without being too complex. Christ announced His ministry at the start of an Annual Sabbath. At the 3 1/2 year mark he was cut-off [DANIEL 9:27] or crucified, but not for His own sins.

This pattern continues. At the end of an Annual Sabbath (42 years later = 7 x 6), the nation of Israel was cut-off and disbanded. 268 periods of 7s = 1,876 years later brings you to A.D. 1948, where Israel was restored as a nation.

In MATTHEW 24:1-35, when Christ was asked to explain the end of the age, he gave an overview of what would happen. He referred to Israel as the fig tree, which is not an uncommon illustration [MATTHEW 24:32-35, JOEL 1:6-8, HOSEA 9:10, etc.] Jesus stated that a generation from the time that Israel was restored would not pass, before all these end of the age events which He described came true. [MATTHEW 24:34]. In many places, a generation is described as a time period of 70 years = 7 x 10 years. [PSALM 90:10, ISAIAH 23:15, DANIEL 9:2.

Going forward 70 years from A,D, 1948, you arrive at A.D. 2018, The last Annual Sabbath starts around A.D. 2012 and goes through A.D. 2018 (including A.D. 2012 in our counting and that is the 10th period of 7 years from A.D. 1948 and the last 7 years of the generation, by which Jesus said all of what He described in MATTHEW 24 would have come to pass by A.D. 2018.

Given all this, rather than putting A.D. 2012 as the cataclysmic end, I would state that it is more reasonable that something notable would occur in A.D. 2011/2012, which would kick off the last 7 year period described in DANIEL 9:27, with the end of the age coming around A.D. 2017/2018.

A lot of people would scoff at this, as prophesied [II PETER 3:2-4], because it is a lot of numbers, but I think that it is important to remember that GOD has been very logical and precise in His past dealings and there is no reason why He shouldn't be in His future dealings as well. I believe the key here is to not sit around and hang on awaiting a future coming day, but to go out now and make each day count, living for today, for tomorrow has enough concerns of itself [MATTHEW 6:34, following MATTHEW 6:24-33]. If you go out and be all that you can be today and nothing happens today or tomorrow, then you are living a successful life. If you sit around and wait, doing just a lot of talking about what may or may not happen, whether anything happens or not, what use has your precious life been. GOD Bless you!

= = = =

Just another idea regarding 2012 that I though some might find interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    What Do You Think? Forum Index -> Christianity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: