Note: You can usually open the interesting advertisement/sponsor links in a new window/tab by RIGHT CLICKING the Ad-Link
then selecting 'Open in New Window' or 'Open in New Tab' from the drop down box. (depending on ad type)

What Do You Think? Forum Index What Do You Think?
A discussion board of different ideas and topics.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TRoach.Net
r_frame.gif TRoach.Org

What part of evolution do you Christians not undersand?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    What Do You Think? Forum Index -> Christianity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jevezoste

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: What part of evolution do you Christians not undersand? Reply with quote

What part of evolution do you Christians find hard to understand?
Science has proven evolution time and time again.
Why do you not understand and accept it?
jerrys1960

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution as far species changing and adapting from generation to generation, I have absolutely no problems understanding and accept that as a clear and observable fact.

However, evolution which started out from spontaneous generation (abiogenesis as it is now called) I have a great deal of trouble accepting. And yes I have read many of the reports, papers and books attempting to explain and rationalize the idea.

To be honest, even with the amount of training in many different fields of science that I have, most of the documents about abiogenesis read more like a person “stamping” their foot on the ground saying, “I’m right and you have to accept it.” with many exaggerating the findings of the experiments to try to prove far more than what the scientists that conducted the experiments reported finding. Misdirecting information and even mixing very different totally unrelated studies together to try to “prove” their ideas.

It is also interesting how many people like to mix macro- and micro- evolution saying if a person accepts one that the other must also be accepted. This is a little like saying that because all cats purr, I am required to believe that all animals purr.

I personally prefer to stick to facts and the fact is (from a science or a religious standpoint) when it comes to the origins of all life. We simply do not know exactly HOW everything started nor do we know exactly HOW all the different species came to exist.

(From a religious stand point we know WHO did it, but exactly How it was done is still a mystery.)

I tend to look at science and religion this way:
Religion/The Bible tells us WHAT God did and is doing, while with science we try, with our very limited (yet expanding) knowledge, to figure out HOW Our Creator did everything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    What Do You Think? Forum Index -> Christianity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: